Modules focus on polymers and inorganic materials including their characterization by spectroscopic and imaging techniques and the tailoring of their surfaces for bioanalytic and biomedical applications. At the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland, we offer a master degree in Chemistry.
Two further modules emphasize on analytical techniques including advanced mass-spectroscopy, NMR spectroscopy and protein analytics. Students are also taught in synthetic organic and medicinal chemistry and the chemistry on energy systems and storage. In all courses the importance of sustainability and safety in chemical production processes is addressed.
- Students finish their studies with an eight months long Master’s thesis. The thesis is commonly carried out in cooperation with a company.
- Alumni of the Master’s studies have a sound theoretical and practical training enabling to assume responsibility in research and development or production in the chemical industry.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Synthetic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Advanced Mass Spectrometry and NMR Spectroscopy
- Process Development and Technology
- Reaction Technology
- Proteomics and Protein Analytics
- Materials Science (cluster-specific module)
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology View 20 other Masters in Chemistry in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Graduates with an excellent Bachelor's degree are admitted directly if they:
- hold a Bachelor's degree in a related technical field from a university of applied sciences with a mark of A, B or >= 5 or an equivalent mark (>= good)
- or demonstrate an equivalent background (BSc) and practical experience
- and have excellent English skills.
Prospective students who meet most but not all of the entry requirements are invited to interview.
International9360 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4680 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA1310 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 655 EUR per semester and a duration of 18 months.
- Semester fee:CHF 700 (CH & EU); CHF 5000 (non EU)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.