With high-tech geochemistry and geophysics labs, geomechanics computing tools, and Queen’s Facility forIsotope Research lab to work in, our Geological Engineering students have the opportunity to engage in cutting-edge geoscience and geoengineering research.
As well, students collaborate with industrial partners, government laboratories and surveys, and academic institutions worldwide, and engage in extensive fieldwork on six continents, making our program truly a world-class experience. Students can avail opportunities to collaborate with other departments at Queen’s University, including the GeoEngineering Centre at Queen’s & RMC, Mining, Environmental Studies, and Civil Engineering.
- Academia: postdoctoral fellowship, professor, college instructor, adjunct teaching position
- Industry: mining advisory position, geotechnical consultant, economic geologist, financial consultant to mineral exploration, geo-environmental consultant, stock market consultant
- Government: mapping, consultant, research, advisory position
More informationVisit official programme website
- Teaching and Learning in Engineering
- Engineering Project Management
- Engineering Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Engineering Leadership and Innovation
- Foundations of Geosciences
- Graduate Field School
- Basin Analysis and Economics Deposits
- Focused Topics in Geological Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Geology View 23 other Masters in Geology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A complete application must include official, up-to-date transcripts for all current and previous study the applicant has listed in the Academic Background section of the application.
- Transcripts in languages other than English or French must be accompanied by an English or French translation provided by the institution issuing the transcript.
- For applicants to research programs, two current academic recommendations are required from professors under whom the applicant has recently studied.
- Two Professional letters of recommendation can be submitted in support of applications to professional graduate programs.
- Proficiency in English is a prerequisite for admission
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12927 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National5773 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5773 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.