At Geological Engineering from Queen's University students have the opportunity to engage in cutting-edge geoscience and geoengineering research.As well, students collaborate with industrial partners, government laboratories and surveys, and academic institutions worldwide, and engage in extensive fieldwork on six continents, making our program truly a world-class experience. Students can avail opportunities to collaborate with other departments at Queen’s, including the GeoEngineering Centre at Queen’s & RMC, Mining, Environmental Studies, and Civil Engineering.
- Academia: postdoctoral fellowship, professor, college instructor, adjunct teaching position
- Industry: mining advisory position, geotechnical consultant, economic geologist, financial consultant to mineral exploration, geo-environmental consultant, stock market consultant
- Government: mapping, consultant, research, advisory position
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Geoenvironmental Sciences & Geotechnique
- Geophysics and Geochronology
- Economic Geology & Mineral Exploration
- Petrology & Structural Geology
- Sedimentology, Sedimentary Geochemistry & Paleobiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Geology View 37 other Masters in Geology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Degrees in Geological Sciences or Geological Engineering, Mining Engineering or Civil Engineering are acceptable. Degrees in related fields such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Sciences or Geography are seriously considered, however students will be required to take additional Geology courses. We consider your work over the last 4 years with emphasis on the last 2 years of schooling.
- If required, a TOEFL score of 550 (paper-based) or TOEFL iBT minimum scores of: writing (24/30); speaking (22/30); reading (22/30); listening (20/30), for a total of 88/120. Applicants must have the minimum score in each test as well as the minimum overall score.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
- Language Requirements
International12927 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12927 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National8093 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8093 CAD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.