The teaching staff gathers specialists of international reputation who guide students to the discovery of the multi-layered artistic heritage of Rome, which no doubt was and still is the most fascinating art capital of the world.
The Art History in Rome from Late Antiquity to the Present at Tor Vergata University of Rome will provide students with an in-depth analysis in the art history disciplinary area, based on a wide time span (from late antiquity to the present), but also in methodology, focusing on preservation, restoration and safeguard of cultural heritage. During the first year, the MA provides all the students with a solid background in three main disciplinary areas: art history; archaeology and architecture; methodology.
During the second year the students choose four specialized courses. Modules are mainly delivered via lectures and take place at the University of Tor Vergata, but mostly in direct contact with art works in roman museums, art galleries and monumental sites. Extra activities will include internships in art institutions and learning Italian as part of the understanding process of western artistic culture.
The MA is designed to prepare for careers in museums, galleries, foundations, auction houses, archaeological sites, art consulting and art publishing, and for further study at the doctoral level. The teaching will be mostly held in direct contact with the art works and contexts, as the programme has close ties with many of the most important art history institutions active in Rome.
The employment opportunities provided by the degree programs are, with high responsibilities, in specific institutions such as museums and superintendences and in professional activities of specialized consultancy in the fields of cultural industry and education in the knowledge of art heritage.
- Archaeology of the Roman Empire
- Late Antiquity and Early Christian Archaeology
- History of Architecture
- Museography and Planning of Art Exhibitions
- Material Culture and Conservation.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Applicants from Bangladesh, India and Pakistan: May
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Art History Ancient History View 21 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree (for italian applicants: Diploma di Laurea Triennale or equivalent Diploma) in the area of Cultural Heritage and Restauration, Arts and Humanities, Architecture and Design, History, Communication Studies, Learning and Education Sciences, Phylosophy, Modern Languages and Cultures, Geography
- Transcripts Student Record (translated in English)
- Curriculum Vitae in English (any format)
- English Proficiency Certificate to be inserted in the last page of your CV
International1156 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1156 EUR per year during 24 months.
Tuition fees for Italian and EU students depend on the student's family income.
Living costs for Roma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.