The specificity of this Nanosciences and Nanotechnologies - Research Intensive Track program at Université Grenoble Alpes is an extended Master Thesis performed over the two years of the master, allowing the student to achieve a substantial research project.
The first year of the program contains:
- general courses corresponding to 6 ECTS, among which 3 credits of french language
- transverse courses in nanosciences and nanotechnologies (15 credits) with a large focus on experimental training in the cleanrooms and nanosciences facilities of the Grenoble area
- specialization courses in one of the 3 possible specialities, nano-physics, nano-chemistry, nano-biosciences
- a research project of 24 ECTS performed in a research institute during an internship extending over the entire school year.
In the second year, student join one of the specialization track in nano-physics, nano-chemistry or nano-biosciences, depending on the courses and the research subject that they have choosen in the first year.
The objective of the Research-Intensive Track is to offer a two year programme in Nanosciences and Nanotechnology for students who intend to pursue in PhD, with a master thesis extending over two years and allowing to achieve a substantial research project.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Surfaces and interfaces
- Research Project
- Micro and nanofluidics
- Insertion professionnelle
- Coordination and supramolecular chemistry
- Mechanics at the micro & nano-scale
- Solid state, electrons and phonons
- Quantum physics
- Molecular biology
- Semi-conductors physics
- Optical spectroscopy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Entry in 1st year: Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Physics or equivalent degree.
Public continuing education: You report continuing education:
- if you resume your studies after 2 years of interruption of studies,
- or if you followed training under the continuous training regime one of the previous 2 years
- or if you are an employee, job seeker , self-employed.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.