International Relations program offered by Liverpool John Moores University programme takes an expanded definition of International Relations and covers a range of subjects from economics, politics, law and culture to examining the actions of international organisations, nation-states and non-state actors.
It provides you with an essential grounding in international relations theory and also provides a range of specialist modules which examine in depth issues of enduring international significance: conflict, the United Nations, international affairs in the Asia-Pacific region, and the role of humanitarian actions by state and non-state actors.
Typically students who study the MA will be progressing from their first degree in history, politics or a related-subject.
This programme has been designed to enhance your career prospects in international relations-related fields including government and non-government sectors. It exposes you to the careers available and enables you to network with people in the field.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Understanding International Relations
- Research Methods
- The War/Peace Cycle
- Research Project in International Relations
- War and Peace in Africa Since 1990
- Conflict and Warfare in International Law
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Please make sure you apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesHistory International Relations Political Science View 642 other Masters in History in United Kingdom
- a minimum 2:1 honours degree in a related subject; Law, History or Politics
- to demonstrate the ability to benefit from and contribute to the programme
- Although most applicants will be graduates in a related field, the fact that candidates may not have a relevant degree is not necessarily a bar to entry.
- Applicants from non-standard applicants are welcomed who can demonstrate relevant work experience of at least 2 years in an international relations related field and an ability to succeed at MA level.
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.