The students at this Integrative Structural Biology (ISB) course at Université Grenoble Alpes will learn how to integrate the modern approaches of Integrative Structural Biology, which combine information of various length and time scales to get a global understanding of a biological process. At the end of this Master program, the students will have acquired a global understanding of the experimental approaches undertaken to structurally characterize biomolecules and they will know about the potentials of these approaches for the study of biological systems. In particular they will be trained to start a PhD project in the field of Integrated Structural Biology.
Graduating from a Master degree in "Integrated Structural Biology" leads to a career as a research engineer in academic or private laboratories.
For the students interested in a career as a research scientist in academic institutions or in private pharmaceutical industries: consecutively to a degree in "Integrated Structural Biology", the students may choose to continue a PhD program from a French Doctoral School or foreign and related to the aforementioned fields of Biology.
Consecutively to their PhDs, the young researchers undertake two or three post-doctoral trainings of 2-3 years each, usually in foreign countries, in order to diversify their expertise. They can then apply to permanent positions
- full time researchers at the national French organizations of research ("CNRS", "INSERM", "INRA", "IRD", etc);
- project managers in R & D laboratories from private biotech companies;
- part time researchers, part time teachers in French or foreign universities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Research project
- Structure determination of biological macromolecules
- Integrative structural cell biology
- Recent advances and applications in structural biology
- Cancer disease : experimental and therapeutical approaches
- High throughput in biology
- Biostatistics, bioinformatics and molecular modeling
- Communication in scientific english
- Business plan of your start-up (entrepreneurship and science)
- Laboratory internship ISB
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Second year of the Master's degree in Biology: to be eligible to apply, you should have completed (or you should be enrolled in) a first year of a Master’s degree in Sciences i.e. you should have validated 60 ETCS of a Master’s degree in Sciences by the end of your current academic year.
- An interview will be proposed to the applicants to the first or second year of the master’s degree in order to test their motivation.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.