At the end of this 2 year Neurobiology Neurosciences (NN) program at Université Grenoble Alpes (UGA), the students should be able to undertake a PhD program in the fields of Neurobiology or Neurosciences.
The first year of the "Neurobiology-Neurosciences" (NN) Master program (“Molecular and Cellular Biology” program) is meant to:
- complete the general scientific background of the enrolled students in various fields of Biology (Cell Biology, Genetics and Biochemistry) (first semester of the Master 1 program)
- introduce the students to their specific Master 2 program by offering them specialized courses (second semester of the Master 1 program)
- introduce the students to a research project, from its conception to its experimental undertaking and up to the report of the obtained results by an oral presentation as well as a written report (module of 18 ECTS during the first semester of the Master 1 program
- internship of 2 months in a research laboratory or in a R&D laboratory from a private company)
- allow the students to develop their written and oral skills for the search of internships and/or jobs as well as for the presentation of research projects and experimental results
Graduating from a Master degree in "Neurobiology - Neuroscience" leads to a career as a research engineer in academic or private laboratories.
For the students interested in a career as a research scientist in academic institutions or in private pharmaceutical industries: consecutively to a Master degree in "Neurobiology - Neurosciences", the students may choose to continue a PhD program and related to the aforementioned fields of Biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Research project
- Neurodegeneration and repair
- Plasticity of the adult nervous system
- Cancer disease : experimental and therapeutical approaches
- High throughput in biology
- Biostatistics, bioinformatics and molecular modeling
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Second year of the master's degree in Biology : to be eligible to apply, you should have completed (or you should be enrolled in) a first year of a master’s degree in Sciences i.e. you should have validated 60 ETCS of a master’s degree in sciences by the end of your current academic year.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.