This Master in International Development Studies Sustainability, Participation, Innovation (IDS) at Université Grenoble Alpes is designed for students with a strong background in social sciences and an interest in addressing development issues critically. A general introduction to international debates on development theories, discourses and policies will form the basis for addressing major challenges to sustainable local development from theory to practice.
Multi-level case studies in Africa, South-East Asia, Latin America, Pacific, Indian Ocean and Europe will be used to discuss conceptual, practical and ethical issues of contemporary development issues and projects in relevant fields, such as poverty reduction, natural resource management, transformative social innovation, community based resource management, and disaster risk reduction.
Our rapidly changing world has a growing need for professionals with international experience, able to formulate innovative policy proposals. Our students will find employment in the fields of development cooperation and regional/local planning, within government departments and agencies, supranational and multilateral development organizations, non-profit organizations, as well as in the corporate sector. We also actively support students wishing to continue with a PhD thesis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Politics of development
- Alleviating poverty and inequalities: theories, concepts and tools
- Facing environnemental issues theories, concepts and tools
- Enhancing economic sustainability: theories, concept and tools
- Participatory project management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Development Sustainable Development Innovation Management View 28 other Masters in Innovation Management in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants should have a minimum qualification equivalent to four years of university studies (either fur yearsof bachelor or three years of bachelor plus one year at masters level) in social sciences (e.g. geography, regional planning, anthropology, economics, political sciences, international relations, development studies).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.