The Restorative Dentistry (Distance Learning) programme taught at the University of Birmingham will deliver progressive study through Certificate, Diploma and MSc levels providing you with detailed understanding and clinical skills for successful, predictable and enjoyable advanced restorative dentistry.
Teaching during the two-year course is delivered online and in two face-to-face residential courses in a highly accessible format designed by the School of Dentistry’s award-winning e-learning team. This two-year distance learning MSc programme will provide advanced training in the subjects most commonly carried out in clinical practice:
- Direct restorations
- Fixed and removable prosthodontics
While the primary aim of this course is to enhance the quality and predictability of patient care, study for the MSc is expected to significantly increase dentist’s professional satisfaction and confidence when carrying out a wide range of restorative procedures.
The high level of practical content will take you through a unique programme of structured simulation and clinical exercises carried out both in practice and on the residential courses.
The MSc in Restorative Dentistry is a Masters degree taught and accredited by the University of Birmingham, and is an excellent addition to your Curriculum Vitae when seeking new job opportunities.
It proves that you have an advanced level of knowledge and skill in your chosen profession and that you have a commitment to improving the quality of your patient care, these are all important qualities to potential employers.
We recognise that as a postgraduate student you are likely to have specific requirements when it comes to planning for your next career step. Employers expect postgraduates to have a range of skills that exceed their subject knowledge. Careers Network offers a range of events and support services that are designed for all students, including postgraduates looking to find their niche in the job market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Study materials are divided into seven interlinked modules over two years (for details on individual module content please see the module tab below):
- Modules 1 and 2 focus on theoretical aspects covering the fundamental principles of restorative dentistry
- Modules 3 – 6 are predominantly practical and are designed to help you master a comprehensive range of restorative procedures.
- Module 7 - Over the two-year programme you will carry out clinical work on your own patients and compile a comprehensive portfolio of procedures demonstrating advanced skill in all aspects of world-class, evidence-based, restorative dentistry. Module 7 will also provide the opportunity for focused study on a restorative subject of personal interest.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Dentistry Health Sciences View 463 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The course is designed for dentists at all stages of their careers, anywhere in the world
- For the duration of course you must be employed in suitable clinical setting that will provide patients requiring a range of restorative treatments, on which case report exercises are based
International10980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21960 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
National10980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21960 GBP for the full programme during 24 months.
- You can apply for a government loan for postgraduate Masters study. This is a contribution towards the costs of study and whether the loan is used towards fees, maintenance or other costs will be at the discretion of the student
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.