This Environmental Sciences master's degree provides you with an elevated qualification and specialisation in the following fields:
- the application of investigative methodologies and the design of recovery operations and environmental rehabilitation;
- the evaluation of environmental resources;
- the regional management and planning of coastal marine systems;
- the evaluation and management of climate change issues and the dynamics of the Earth system as well as environmental interest technologies and cleaner products and processes.
The programme incorporates both laboratory and field experiments of an interdiscplinary nature and offers international internship opportunities. You also produce a final thesis.
Launching your career
Some possible career paths include:
- Environmental change expert
- Agriculture and forestry management expert
The programme offers you three curricula, but the one offered entirely in English is Global Change and Sustainability.
Some of the subjects offered:
- Biodiversity and Global Change
- Environmental Impacts of Climate Change
- Oceanography and Climatology
- Environmental Modelling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
Ca' Foscari receives applications from December 5 until May 5 for NON-EU students and June 23 for EU students. The application procedure is entirely online.
DisciplinesSustainable Development Environmental Sciences View 35 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Ca' Foscari University of Venice and/or in Italy, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
To be eligible for admission, you must satisfy certain curricular requirements. You therefore need to have:
a bachelor’s degree in one of the following fields: Biotechnologies; Biology; Agriculture and Forestry; Environmental Sciences; or Earth Sciences OR
60 ECTS in selected study fields (such as Biology; Earth Sciences; Agriculture and much more). For more specific information, please check the programme's official web page or contact us!
- for the English-taught Global Change and Sustainability curriculum, you need a certified B2-level knowledge of English.
- a Teaching Committee will evaluate your undergraduate transcript of records to determine if you possess the necessary background knowledge to be admitted.
International2100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2100 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2157 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2157 EUR per year during 24 months.
Ca' Foscari offers fees reductions to students coming from non-OECD countries, with fees sometimes as low as 700 euro per year. Contact us for more information.
Living costs for Venice
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Ca' Foscari keeps tuition fees low and provides targeted financial aid for international students. Ca' Foscari University offers high-achieving international students renewable scholarship packages of various sizes, ranging from 6,500 euro a year for bachelor's students to 8,000 euro a year for master's students.
These scholarship packages are designed to offer support for the full duration of an award-winner's degree. To be eligible to apply, you will need a minimum 8.5/10 CGPA. Complete information about the requisites and procedures to apply are at the dedicated webpage.
- The regional government also offers financial aid for international students from low-income families for which you can apply after enrolment
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.