Managing in the design and media industry environment requires ingenuity and creative leadership. Whether you are working in a boutique design studio, a multinational media company, or a full service production facility, critically analyzing the business environment while leading an eclectic, artistic workforce is a skill-set that has historically been acquired through a long tenure in the art and design field. The Master’s program in Design & Media Management offers a methodical program that bridges art and business acumen, design and data analysis, and media and business methodologies.
The Design and Media Management curriculum at AI Miami International University of Art and Design was developed to address the critical management competencies and challenges of this evolving discipline through the study of theoretical management concepts and the application of professional skills.
The program has two areas of specialization: Design Management and Media Arts Management. Both specializations include a common core of six courses and four specialization courses as well as a capstone course for a total of forty-eight quarter hours. Some examples of professionals who are practicing design and media management include Creative Directors, Brand Managers, Design Strategists, Senior Art Directors, Media Managers, Interactive Managers, and entrepreneurs, as well as other management or executive positions responsible for making decisions about how design is used in an organization. Leading practitioners of design and media management work for corporations, agencies, educational institutions, and government.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Building & Leading Creative Teams
- Academic Writing & Research
- Law, Policy & Ethics in Design & Media Arts
- Information Management & New Technology in Design & Media Arts
- Assessment & Analysis for Managers in Design & Media Arts
- Design & Media Arts Innovation: Marketing Planning & Strategy• Entrepreneurship in Design/Entrepreneurship in Media Arts
- Planning, Producing & Promoting a Design Venture/Planning, Producing & Promoting a Media Arts Venture
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Media Management View 45 other Masters in Media Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Enrollment Agreement
- A photocopy of the student’s passport to provide proof of birth date and citizenship (applicants who do not hold a passport will need to submit a copy of their birth certificate).
- Original or official copies of all educational transcripts. These transcripts must be prepared in English or include an official English translation.
International7860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31440 USD for the full programme and a duration of 48 months.
National7860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31440 USD for the full programme and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.