You’ll focus on a primary medium and work closely with instructors to develop your own personal ideas and artistic process as you explore areas like history, aesthetics, and world cultures to broaden your understanding of contemporary art. You’ll document your influences and thought processes through a written thesis and exhibition of your work. And with your graduate degree, you’ll be ready to become a practicing fine artist, an artist-in-residence, an exhibition curator, educator or designer.
Studies in Art History, Aesthetics, and World Cultures strengthen their understanding of the contemporary art world and the context of their own art. The Visual Arts program at AI Miami International University of Art and Design culminates with a written thesis and exhibition of students’ bodies of work in which students clearly document their influences and thought processes, and a thesis exhibition in which their research takes visual form. Upon graduation, an MFA graduate can choose to become a practicing fine artist, an artist-in-residence, an exhibition curator, or to pursue a career in education or design.
- Issues in Contemporary Art History
- Modern Art Seminar
- Critical Theories in Art History
- Art Deco Seminar
- Teaching Methodologies
- Critical Thinking and Writing
- Seminar on Aesthetics
- Idea Generation and the Creative Process
- World Cultures and Ethnographic Studies
- Methodology of Discovery
- Graduate Studio
- Thesis Research Seminar
- Exploration of Diverse Media
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 804 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Enrollment Agreement
- A photocopy of the student’s passport to provide proof of birth date and citizenship (applicants who do not hold a passport will need to submit a copy of their birth certificate).
- Original or official copies of all educational transcripts. These transcripts must be prepared in English or include an official English translation.
International29475 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58950 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National29475 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58950 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.