AIMC Berkeley offers a rigorous and comprehensive education in Traditional Chinese and Integrative Medicine. The Oriental Medicine program from Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine College-Berkeley allows students to first build a strong foundation in theory, and then put their knowledge into practice in their thirteen clinical internship courses.
AIMC Berkeley operates year-round on a 15-week trimester system (3 terms of equal length per year) Our program is designed to be completed in 10 terms (3 1/3 years). The MSOM degree fulfills the educational requirements for both National (NCCAOM) and California (California Acupuncture Board) licensing standards.
Oriental Medicine (OM) theory is the keystone of understanding in Oriental Medicine. Students are immersed in the study of OM theory in the first trimester with a comprehensive course that outlines its fundamental concepts. Students receive in-depth training in Oriental Medicine diagnosis as they begin to practice in concurrent clinic observation classes.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Traditional Oriental Medicine Theory
- Chinese Medical Terminology
- Oriental Medicine Bodywork: Tuina
- Oriental Medicine Bodywork: Shiatsu
- Diagnosis Theory
- 40 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 794 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- High school diploma or GED. AIMC Berkeley does not accept ability-to-benefit (ATB).
- The minimum education requirements of 60-semester units (equivalent to 90 quarter units) of undergraduate work from an accredited institution or foreign equivalent with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Write a 500-word essay describing the path that led you to pursue Acupuncture and and East Asian Medicine as a profession. Include your philosophy and goals as a healthcare professional.
- Fill out Application Part 1 for either the Masters/Dual Degree.
- Pay the $100-application fee and submit the form.
International19203 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 64010 USD for the full programme during 40 months.
National19203 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 64010 USD for the full programme during 40 months.
Living costs for Berkeley
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.