The mission of the UAS Graduate Studies Program is to help students develop intellectual breadth and the specialized training necessary for careers in teaching, administration and public policy.
The problems facing Alaska and the Nation require both knowledge and new ways of using knowledge to meet current challenges. The graduate programs at UAS consist of discipline specific course sequences, seminars, independent studies, and research investigations differing significantly from the undergraduate experience.
The intellectual interaction among graduate students and their faculty remains the most significant factor in post-baccalaureate study. Most course work occurs in small classes where graduate students work together to support each other as they participate in intellectual challenges. UAS graduate programs are designed to encourage students to develop and enhance these intellectual opportunities.
The master program in public administration provides a strong interdisciplinary context in which to pursue the study of policy formation, implementation, and administration.
Coursework for this concentration is offered by e-Learning technologies through the Rural Development program at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Public Administration
- Research Methods in Administration
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Law for Public Managers
- Economics and Public Policy
- Public Financial Management
- Human Resources Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Administration Sustainable Development View 129 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
- Mandatory advising with the M.P.A. director
- A completed online application
- $60 application fee
- Official academic transcript indicating baccalaureate degree sent directly to UAS
- Professional resume or vita
- Two page (approximately 1,000 words) statement of professional objectives describing past public and non-profit experiences, outlining professional goals and stating how the M.P.A. program will help achieve your professional objectives
- Three recommendations addressing professional dispositions on special forms provided by the UAS M.P.A. program
International34272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17136 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National16776 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8388 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!