The Science Education K-8 program at the University of Alaska Southeast is fully aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards but is designed specifically for Alaskan schools with the inclusion of students with special needs and the celebration of Alaska’s rich and unique cultural and natural history.
The themes of inquiry and place-based learning form the foundation for the program. Blended learning and the flipped classroom round out the pedagogy. Technology tools for differentiating instruction through simulations and virtual labs are emphasized.
Candidates must prepare an exit portfolio, demonstrating competency in the nine outcomes of the Alaska College of Education (i.e. philosophy, development, diversity, content, student learning, learning environment, professionalism, technology). The M.Ed. Science Education K-8 program is not an initial teacher certification program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The Impact of Technology on Student Learning
- Differentiating Instruction Through Technology
- Educational Technology Leadership
- Mathematical Problem Solving for K-8 Teachers
- Physics Content for K-8 Teachers
- Chemistry Content for K-8 Teachers
- Earth and Space Science Content for K-8 Teachers
- Life Science Content for K-8 Teachers
- Great Ideas in Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Natural Sciences Teaching View 3540 other Masters in Education in United States
- A completed graduate application and $60 nonrefundable application fee
- Official academic transcript indicating a baccalaureate degree and a GPA of 3.00
- Two recommendations addressing professional dispositions on specific forms provided by the Alaska College of Education.
- Statement of Professional Objectives. This is a 2-3 page typewritten and double spaced formal paper containing a summary of educational experience, a description of professional goals related to what is needed to teach students in Alaska and beyond, and a statement of how the program for advanced teaching candidates might help in attaining those goals.
International25896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12948 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National25896 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12948 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12312 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6156 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.