The Advanced Engineering Management - Systems Management programme offered by the University of Birmingham introduces core management concepts in semester one before you select one of four specialist pathways in semester two.
The Systems Management pathway provides advanced training to graduates to develop their systems management skills, enabling them to move into professional management positions in the UK and globally.
Why study this course?
- Developed to address the challenges faced by engineering graduates who move into general management or senior specialist roles, this innovative new programme will allow students to draw on the specialist expertise of both Birmingham Business School and the School of Engineering within the University of Birmingham.
- The flexibility this programme offers will allow students to specialise in a pathway most suited to their skills and career aspirations, or undertake a generalist route that will instil a broader insight into engineering management.
- Birmingham Business School is a global centre of teaching and research excellence, holding the ‘Triple Crown’ of international accreditations: AMBA, EQUIS and the AACSB.
- The MSc programmes in the School of Engineering are rooted in high-quality teaching and learning through enquiry-based and independent study, producing high calibre graduates equipped with the skills to excel in technical management.
- Students will benefit from our established links with industry, which can be utilised during the dissertation projects and form a solid networking base for prospective careers.
University Careers Network
Preparation for your career should be one of the first things you think about as you start university. Whether you have a clear idea of where your future aspirations lie or want to consider the broad range of opportunities available once you have a Birmingham degree, our Careers Network can help you achieve your goal.
The unique careers guidance service is tailored to your academic subject area, offering a specialised team (in each of the five academic colleges) who can give you expert advice. Our team source exclusive work experience opportunities to help you stand out amongst the competition, with mentoring, global internships and placements available to you. Once you have a career in your sights, one-to-one support with CVs and job applications will help give you the edge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marketing and Financial Management
- Organisational and Operations Management
- Strategic Innovation Management
- Management Information Systems and Simulation
- Systems Engineering and Systems Thinking
- Sustainable Construction
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 1572 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- Entry requirements will be a minimum 2.1 BEng (Hons) or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Applicants with professional qualifications and work experience would also be considered on a case-by-case basis, as well as applicants with BSc (Hons) degrees in Physical Sciences and Technology based subjects.
International24480 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24480 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
National10260 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10260 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.