The Advanced Engineering Management - Systems Management from University of Birmingham introduces core management concepts in semester one before you select one of four specialist pathways in semester two.
The Systems Management pathway provides advanced training to graduates to develop their systems management skills, enabling them to move into professional management positions in the UK and globally.
You also have the opportunity to choose a mixed pathway route, tailoring the course to your requirements.
Why study this course?
- Study in our new state-of-the-art School of Engineering building which includes a 179-capacity Design Centre and 160 drop-in study spaces throughout the building providing flexible learning.
- Developed to address the challenges faced by engineering graduates who move into general management or senior specialist roles, this innovative new programme will allow students to draw on the specialist expertise of both Birmingham Business School and the School of Engineering within the University of Birmingham.
- The flexibility this programme offers will allow students to specialise in a pathway most suited to their skills and career aspirations, or undertake a generalist route that will instil a broader insight into engineering management.
- Birmingham Business School is a global centre of teaching and research excellence, holding the ‘Triple Crown’ of international accreditations: AMBA, EQUIS and the AACSB.
- The MSc programmes in the School of Engineering are rooted in high-quality teaching and learning through enquiry-based and independent study, producing high calibre graduates equipped with the skills to excel in technical management.
- Students will benefit from our established links with industry, which can be utilised during the dissertation projects and form a solid networking base for prospective careers.
- Marketing and Financial Management
- Organisational and Operations Management
- Strategic Innovation Management
- Management Information Systems and Simulation
- Systems Engineering and Systems Thinking
- Sustainable Construction
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 800 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in United Kingdom
A 2:1 Honours degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Maths or Technology based subjects from a recognised institution. Applicants with a 2:2 Honours degree in the above disciplines alongside relevant work experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International25740 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25740 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9810 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9810 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Birmingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.