The Advanced Child Protection Studies (Distance Learning) programme offered by the University of Birmingham is taught by experienced practitioners and experts in the field and provides students with the opportunity to focus on specific areas of interest. There are four 30-credit modules over two years (two each year) and a dissertation in year three to achieve the MSc.
It is an online and distance learning programme, which combines innovative learning and teaching techniques with interaction with the tutor and fellow students. You will be provided with the same level of teaching as received by those on campus with the additional benefit of having the flexibility to study anywhere at any time. No specialist knowledge in technology is required, you will just need to have access to the internet and know how to use it. Learning activities are structured to provide simplicity and you will be supported throughout the programme.
The course particularly offers successful candidates the potential to:
- enhance their careers through developing an expert or specialist child protection role in the work place
- develop a research or development role within child protection or safeguarding organisations
- further develop their academic studies in the field of child protection, safeguarding and child welfare
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risk, Analysis and Decision Making
- Help, Support and Direct Work
- Organizations, Systems and Leadership
- 18 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 51 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
- Ordinarily an upper second-class degree (or higher) or a postgraduate diploma degree (or higher) from a UK university or equivalent. In exceptional circumstances a 2(ii) degree would be considered subject to the candidate having significant child protection experience.
- As some of the learning tasks are integrated into actual practice, all applicants will need to be employed in, or have negotiated access to, an organisation that undertakes or contributes to child protection work.
- Applicants will need to supply the names of two references on headed notepaper and include a short personal statement with their application.
International6333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
National6333 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP for the full programme during 18 months.
- £1,583 per module
- £3,167 for the PGCert
- £6,334 for the PGDip
- £9,500 for the MSc
A postgraduate loans system for Masters degrees in the UK will provide up to £11,222.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.