Do you want to advance your career and move toward an organizational leadership position, such as a Chief Financial Officer? Ideal for midcareer professionals, this MicroMasters program will help you build the skills you’ll need to make high-level decisions that impact your organization's current operations and financial future.
You will gain hands-on experience as you report and analyze financial transactions of corporations. Further, you will learn how to assess risks and returns of alternative investments by analyzing SEC 10-K reports of Fortune 500 companies and enhance your ability to make effective financial management decisions to prepare for future career advancement.
- Accounting and Auditing industries are expanding faster than average and are expected to grow at 11%. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- The median annual salaries for accountants and auditors with a bachelor’s degree was $68,150 and the median annual salary for financial managers was $121,750 (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
- Potential career roles for people with similar training include corporate accountant, management accountant, financial manager, budget analysts, financial analysts, insurance underwriters, and loan officer.
What You'll Learn:
- Manage an organization's financial operations; including revenues, expenses, assets, liabilities, and equity.
- Evaluate alternative investments by using time value of money calculations, and understanding their effect on cash flow.
- Perform financial analyses and modeling.
- Contribute to strategic management decision-making and operational problem-solving.
- Use case studies of real companies facing financial challenges to analyze situations, assess risks, and propose courses of action.
The Accounting and Financial Management MicroMasters Program is offered by EdX in partnership with University System of Maryland - USMx and UMUC.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Decision Making
- Financial Accounting for Corporations
- Financial Management in Organizations
- Long-term Financial Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Finance View 136 other Masters in Economics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International996 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 996 USD for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
National996 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 996 USD for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.