The Master of Science in Nurse Administrator (MSN) program at Cedar Crest College is designed to prepare students to function as nurse leaders in a wide variety of practice and educational settings. The program is innovative in approach and design, offering students a part-time, year-round track in Family/Individual Across the Lifespan Nurse Practitioner (FNP) and Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) and part- and full-time tracks in Nurse Administrator and Nurse Educator tracks. In the nurse practitioner tracks, the curriculum encourages students to further their clinical expertise, while developing proficiency in the specialties of FNP & AGACNP.
Graduates will be prepared to assume leadership positions in a variety of clinical practice roles and will be equipped to influence change within the healthcare delivery systems of the twenty-first century.
The nurse administrator and nurse educator tracks foster development of nursing leadership skills that will enable graduates to assess and evaluate nursing and healthcare practice systems, educational methods, and research findings, while also equipping students to develop evidence-based practice changes in healthcare agencies or academic institutions. Graduates will be prepared to continue their education in doctoral programs of study.
Master of Science in Nursing Program Goals and Expected Learning Outcomes
- Integrate knowledge of theory and research to develop a comprehensive and ethical approach for nursing practice, education, and administration in a global society.
- Utilize advanced clinical knowledge and skill to promote, maintain, and/or restore optimum wellness to clients.
- Articulate the issues and trends that affect the social, economic, political, and
- institutional forces that influence nursing and health care delivery.
- Critically appraise and utilize scientific, expert, and other sources of knowledge to ensure quality outcomes in the context of evidence-based practice.
- Develop collaborative and inter-professional relationships to improve health outcomes in a variety of settings.
- Informatics and Technology in Nursing
- Physiology and Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nursing Across the Lifespan
- Primary Care of the Family & Individual Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Health Assessment & Clinical Reasoning for the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Residency
- Adult-Gerontology, Traumatic Injury & Emergency Illnesses Diagnosis & Management
- Nursing Care Delivery Systems
- Resources for the Delivery of Nursing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- A rolling admissions policy is in effect for this program.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1403 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Completed online application form
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited program
- Minimum of 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in a BSN program
- Active, unencumbered Registered Nurse licensure in Pennsylvania
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher education
- Current resume
- Professional goal statement
- Completion of undergraduate statistics, research, and health assessment courses with a grade of C or better
- No clinical experience required. One year preferred.
- Two (2) professional recommendations preferably from nurses with graduate degrees, including: current employer, nursing Professor, or other nursing professional.
- Completion of an interview with the Director of the program and/or representatives from the Graduate Nursing Program Committee.
- Satisfactory scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for all applicants who are non-native English speakers.
International17353 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 938 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17353 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 938 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Allentown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.