The 36 credit online curriculum for the Master in Nutrition is built on clearly defined competencies for advanced level application and practice, beyond the Baccalaureate entry level health professional. The nutrition focused curriculum is aimed to address population health, education theory and practice to facilitate behavior change as well as the monitoring and nutrition management of Non-Communicable Diseases.
Graduates of this Master of Health Science from Cedar Crest College will develop and demonstrate the skills and competencies needed through the following program competencies:
Domain 1. Advocacy/Public Policy:
• Influences decision makers related to public policy, resources and program services.
Domain 2 Education:
• Design, develop, direct, plan for implantation/or implement, and evaluate education and training programming in the identified focus area.
Domain 3 Application of Knowledge and Skills:
• Utilizes principles of cultural competency and ethical practice in program planning and assessment. • Translates and applies evidence based research into program development, implementation and assessment. • Design, develop, plan for implantation/or implement and evaluates programming to meet the needs of a specific population/organization
Domain 4 Scientific Inquiry:
• Conducts systematic review of the literature that identifies the weight of evidence including areas of consensus, inconsistency, and opportunities for further research, program development, and public policy.Domain 5 Communication:
• Identifies and uses innovative, appropriate communication techniques and the most effective formats for the intended audience
Domain 6 Business Skills: • Identifies, designs and applies operational systems to ensure effective and efficient outcomes. • Identifies and applies appropriate quantitative and qualitative models to plan an improve effectiveness
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health Program Planning and Management
- Cultural Competency and Ethics in Health
- Evidence Analyses
- Health Stats/Epidemiology
- Health Policy and Advocacy
- Nutrition and Non-communicable Disease
- Health Education: Learning Throughout the Lifespan
- Geriatric Nutrition: Meeting the Needs of Aging Adults
- Disordered Eating
- Nutrition Informatics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 310 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
To apply as an international student:
Complete your free application online
- Official secondary school transcripts
- Official university transcripts, if appropriate
- Original score reports for the TOEFL, SAT or ACT, when appropriate
- Statement of financial support
- Personal essay in English
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher or academic counselor in English or accompanied by a certified English translation
International716 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 716 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National716 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 716 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.