During the Music in Vocal Performance program of North Park University you’ll explore technique, style, lyric diction, and more, gaining valuable performance experience through solo and ensemble work. Advanced training will help you grow your own talent and ability so you can successfully pursue roles in festivals, workshops, and companies. You’ll also be prepared for performance and teaching careers in a variety of professional and church settings.
You’ll get extensive stage experience in the MMVP program, performing in a variety of settings with opportunities for both solo and ensemble work with other music students.
- Fully staged operas
- Choral performances with solo opportunities
- Year-round opera workshop with voice and theatrical coaching
- Master classes in vocal performance with faculty and guest clinicians
- Ensemble and solo performances, on- and off-campus
Where Students and Alumni Work
- Lyric Opera of Chicago
- Glimmerglass Festival
- Main Street Opera
- North Central College Musical Theatre Department
- Midwest Institute of Opera
- Opera Up Close at Governors State University
- Applied Voice and Recital
- Opera Workshop
- Opera Production
- Performer’s Survey
- Applications in Musical Analysis
- Vocal Pedagogy I, II, Clinical
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 1017 other Masters in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Select five pieces covering a variety of styles, technical characteristics, and languages. Include at least one art song, one operatic aria, one English selection, and one piece composed after 1900.
- On the day of your audition, please provide three copies of your resume and audition repertoire list. (Copies of the music are not necessary). An accompanist will be provided.
International26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 USD per credit during 12 months.
National26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.