The Master of Arts in Art Therapy program at Cedar Crest College offers an educational experience that prepares students in clinical practices to effectively function as competent and ethically responsible art therapists. Development of a therapeutic studio model and dedication to a strengths-based approach to treatment inspires compassionate leaders who can promote the healing potential of the arts within a variety of human service settings.
The mission of the graduate art therapy program reflects the goals and vision of the American Art Therapy Association in that it strives to educate the next generation of professionals as competent, ethically sound, and culturally proficient mental health practitioners. It is expected that graduates will become leaders in the field and will assist in advancing art therapy as a regulated human service profession in a global environment. Specific to Cedar Crest’s graduate art therapy program is the inclusion of a studio model of art therapy practice that operates within a strengths-based approach to treatment with the goal of graduating students who preserve an ‘artist-as-therapist identity’ as clinicians.
- History and Theory of Art Therapy
- Group Art Therapy
- Professional Ethics for Art Therapists
- Theories of Assessment in Art Therapy
- Advanced Topics in Art Therapy Materials and Methods
- Family Art Therapy
- Theories and Systems of Counseling Psychology
- Research Design and Methodology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art History Liberal Arts View 736 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
To apply as an international student:
Complete your free application online
- Official secondary school transcripts
- Official university transcripts, if appropriate
- Original score reports for the TOEFL, SAT or ACT, when appropriate
- Statement of financial support
- Personal essay in English
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher or academic counselor in English or accompanied by a certified English translation
International26130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 871 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 871 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Allentown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.