The Master Program in American Studies at Humboldt University Berlin is designed as a consecutive program that comprises the fields of literary and cultural history, literary and cultural theory, as well as in depth studies of questions of identity formation and "American Identities".
The program's center of attention lies on cultural diversity, both as a theoretical question and a social reality, focusing particularly on gender and ethnicity. Furthermore it engages in discussions of media, both in their history and in their present formation, and the consequences of media revolutions in North America.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- American Studies: Literary and Cultural History and Theory
- Reading American Literature and Culture
- Intercultural Relations
- American Identities
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The basic requirement for the admission is a first academic degree obtained in a course of study with a minimum length of three years in a relevant subject area, usually a bachelor’s degree, with which study achievements and examinations amounting to at least 180 ECTS credits or credit points (LP) or equivalent have been acquired.
- More detailed information on the admission requirements for individual courses of study as well as the form and scope of the required proof can be found in the subject-specific admission regulations of the ZSP-HU (appendices in German only) as well as in the Master's program course catalogue. Please note that admission requirements (e.g. language skills) must be met at the time of application.
- All documents relating to an application must be received by the HU by the end of the relevant application deadline at the latest (cut-off deadlines).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
- There are NO tuition fees at Humboldt University Berlin. Neither for German and EU students, nor for international students from other countries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.