The University of Pittsburgh’s Department of Physics and Astronomy is recognized nationally and internationally for faculty at the frontier of research who mentor graduate students on an individual level.
With 44 core faculty members and lecturers, the department has a strong tradition in excellence and innovation. Our alumni have gone on to build distinguished careers as researchers at major academic, government and industrial laboratories, educators at universities and colleges, and as independent scientific entrepreneurs.
- Special Topics -Quantum Optics
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Mathematical Methods in Physics
- Dynamical Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 127 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application.
- Personal Statement: At the beginning of your statement, please rank-order your specialization interests.
- CV including a list of relevant physics textbooks you have used.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Legible copies of transcripts for all college-level institutions attended with or without degree(s) conferred must be uploaded as well.
- General and Subject Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are optional.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores should be no more than two years old.
- Application Fee: $75.00 US Dollars
International42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
National42324 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42324 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State24962 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24962 USD per year during 24 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,003 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $1,728 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.