The Educational Sciences - Curriculum Design and Innovation from Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) prepares students for research into the nature, development and features of educational actors, institutions, related policies, and processes in educational development and educational practices.
Applying scientific research methods
Innovative approaches to education are stressed through research-based education. Within the programme, students are encouraged and trained to apply scientific research methods to engage in educational innovations, including innovative teaching and assessment, blended learning, professional support and use of digital technologies to support education...
Innovative thinking is not only needed for educating the current and future generations, it’s crucial for the development of our society. In this programme we address critical issues and our students are prepared with both theoretical and professional knowledge, gaining the skills to contribute to society’s educational and social innovations. In this, the uniqueness of our international student population is an asset: we’re able to conduct research in an international perspective, thus enhancing our students competences in a multi-cultural environment.
A master degree opens doors in many different branches and sectors. You will be able to work in the private sector, (non-) governmental organisations, or continue your academic career as a PhD researcher. Not sure what your next step should be? The VUB helps you with your first steps on the job market.
All degree programmes offered by VUB are accredited by the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation (NVAO), ensuring that they meet the highest predefined quality standards. Alongside this official quality control system, VUB has an internal Quality Control Commission in charge of permanently monitoring the quality of education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Management for Educational Change
- E-Learning Environments
- Curriculum Design and Assessment
- Educational Design
- Global Education and Development
- Research Seminar
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Pedagogy View 6 other Masters in Educational Research in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Having successfully completed at least one year of secondary education with English as language of instruction, or having successfully completed secondary school in a Belgian institution;
- Having successfully completed programme units in higher education with a minimum of 54 ECTS-credits where English was the language of instruction.
- Having a diploma of secondary or higher education where English was the language of instruction;
- Having successfully completed secondary education in Belgium.
English Language Requirements:
- TOEFL iBT with minimum level: 79;
- IELTS with minimum level: academic module 6.5;
- ITACE with minimum level: B2;
- Cambridge English Qualification Scale with the following minimal level: 170
International3243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3243 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA962 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 962 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Brussels
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.