The School Counseling curriculum offered by the University of Saint Francis provides an added advantage by including counseling and education courses, preparing you for all facets of the career.
Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to take the state exam required to be a Licensed School Counselor in a P-12 setting — USF students have 100% pass rate!
Twice the Experience
Another distinct advantage is the amount and type of field experience you’ll acquire. Unlike most school counseling programs, ours provides two levels: one in your preferred setting and another in an alternate setting.
- Practicum: 105 hours of experience in a school setting.
- Internship: 600 hours in a school setting, completed over two semesters
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rehabilitation Psychology
- Substance abuse
- Human Trauma
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCounselling View 959 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- an application
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended; Note: Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution’s Registrar
- Two letters of recommendation, including one from a former professor and one from an employer/supervisor who has observed the applicant in a professional setting
- A concise, typed, two-page statement of professional goals, including why the applicant wants to be a licensed counselor, along with specific training objectives and long-term career goals.
- If a United States veteran, also submit a DD214 form
International15750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 525 USD per credit during 12 months.
National15750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 525 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fort Wayne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.