You will be prepared to function in a variety of settings — healthcare, residential, private practice, community agency, governmental, forensic, business and industrial — through various field training opportunities.
Our goal is to help you develop the therapeutic skills and hands-on experience that relates to your interests and future career.
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling curriculum offered by the University of Saint Francis incorporates the foundational knowledge and practical skills required for every practicing counselor. You will have advanced coursework in the areas of child, marriage and family, and substance use which, along with an internship experience, allows you to specialize in working with that particular population.
Hands-On, Professional Experience
Students in our program build extensive experience (and connections!) through the following practicums. Your program director will work with you to find the ideal settings.
- Practicum — 100 hours at the Bowen Community Mental Health Center: Participate in clinical work at an agency, working 8-10 hours per week. This includes 40 hours of face- to-face client contact, starting with group therapy
- Internship — 600 hours: Your internship can be done over one or two semesters, depending on your needs. It includes 240 hours of face-to-face client contact
- Advanced Internship — 300 hours: This one-semester experience will match your area of concentration) and includes 120 hours of face-to-face client contact
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rehabilitation psychology
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Human trauma
- Human growth and development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 1865 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Have a minimum of nine hours undergraduate coursework in Psychology. Preferred courses include Introduction to Psychology, Lifespan Development, and Abnormal Psychology; candidates may augment their application with courses in closely-related fields or via life experience
- Indicate sufficient emotional maturity and stability needed to complete the rigors of graduate study, as well as maintain ethical practice regarding counselee welfare.
- Present a willingness to develop a non-judgmental attitude and awareness of need to refer counselees who are outside the applicant’s range of competence.
- Official transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- A concise, typed, two-page statement of professional goals
International15750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 525 USD per credit during 12 months.
National15750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 525 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fort Wayne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.