The Science Education program requirements at Northeastern State University meet the needs of teachers who hold bachelor degrees in secondary science education, a science discipline, mathematics, elementary education, early childhood education or special education and teachers who hold alternative certification. The program consists of 15 hours of professional education core, 15 hours of science content core, and six hours of capstone.
All courses are available in an online format that meets the needs of teachers who are working full time. Courses include a variety of instructional activities including student presentations, group projects, online video lectures, student analysis of online resources, discussion boards and opportunities for direct interaction with the Instructor via the Internet. The science content courses provide inquiry-based instruction through hands-on inquiries, online simulations, and online data sources.
The Master of Education in Science Education is administered through the Gregg Wadley College of Science & Health Professions.
The program requirements meet the needs of teachers who hold bachelor degrees in secondary science education, a science discipline, mathematics, elementary education, early childhood education, or special education and teachers who hold alternative certification. The program consists of 15 hours of Professional Education Core, 15 hours of Science Content Core, and 6 hours of Capstone. The Master of Education in Science Education is administered through the College of Science and Health Professions and is offered completely online.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investigative Biology
- Environmental Science
- Nature of Matter
- Science of Motion
- Space Science
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation View 924 other Masters in Education in United States
- An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of at least 2.5 based on a 4.0 scale on all undergraduate course work attempted.
- Proof of citizenship for a U.S. citizen born outside of the United States and for a resident alien.
- Hold or be eligible for a standard teaching certificate or teaching license, or be accepted by the state for the alternative certification program.
- Submit an application form that includes an essay addressing the individual’s teaching philosophy, personal goals, and career goals.
- File a Degree Plan and sign a Statement of Understanding for this program.
International555 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 555 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National555 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 555 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State250 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 250 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.