The goal of the Master of Education in Instructional Leadership program at Northeastern State University is to create accomplished teachers who are reflective about their practice and who critically analyze what constitutes effective teaching and valuable learning. Teachers will expand their instructional repertoires and master an expanding body of pedagogical knowledge while becoming deeply cognizant of the ethical and societal dimensions of education. Teachers will understand that they are part of a global village which embraces diversity. Teachers will draw on this knowledge to make principled judgments about their students and their instruction. Teachers will use and understand research and the role it plays in academic decisions and pedagogical practices. These teachers will also collaboratively engage students, parents, colleagues, and communities in educative pursuits which foster partnerships and life-long learning.
In their teaching practice, degree candidates will:
- Construct and utilize an educational philosophy which values reflection about practice and guides their instructional and professional decisions
- Integrate appropriate instructional strategies with subject-specific curriculum to facilitate disciplinary knowledge
- Use multiple methods to monitor student engagement and evaluate student learning; utilize student responses to modify and improve instruction and to provide constructive and timely feedback
- Understand and utilize strategies that demonstrate cultural competency, promote tolerance, and develop civic virtues
- Make knowledge accessible to all students through the use of research-based strategies which recognize the individual abilities and intelligences of all learners
- Understand and demonstrate the value of research in education
More informationVisit official programme website
- Educational Research
- Action Research & Inquiry
- Cultural Studies
- Brain-Based Learning
- Trends, Issues, and Global Perspectives
- Fundamentals of Curriculum Development I
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 922 other Masters in Education in United States
- Online Application
- An earned bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proof of citizenship for a U.S. citizen born outside of the United States and for a resident alien.
- $25 non-refundable Application Fee
- Official Transcript
- Bank Document
- Copy of Passport
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
International447 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 447 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National447 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 447 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State197 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 197 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.