The Pathology MSc degree from The University of Vermont offers thesis-based and non-thesis Master of Science degrees in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate information from a variety of sources
- Synthesize and apply knowledge to solve problems in ethical ways
- Evaluate the credibility and validity of research methods and clinical testing
- Defend the rigor, or lack of, when evaluating an experimental design including the inclusion or exclusion of crucial biological variables (e.g., sex, age, weight)
- Recognize vital biologic or chemical resources used in both research studies and clinical decision making for patients
- Identify effective communication strategies and engage in effective communication practices as team players
- Serve as an advocate for rigor and reproducibility when faced with proposed research questions
- Reflect on experiences and identify areas of improvement as life- long learners
- Molecular Mechanisms of Environmental Disease
- Translational Pathology
- Cell Biology
- Being a Scientist: Responsible Conduct in Research
- Pathology Grand Rounds
- Techniques in Microscopy
- Pathology Rotations
- Molecular Pathology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Molecular Sciences View 1224 other Masters in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Satisfactory undergraduate or graduate course work in chemistry, organic chemistry, and the biological sciences
- Satisfactory scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general exam or the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT)
- Electronic Application
- Statement of Purpose
- Application Fee of $65.00
- Email addresses for three people who will provide letters of recommendation. This information is submitted within the application and letters are sent from the recommender directly to us through the application portal.
- One transcript from each institution you have attended, including the one you currently attend. Unofficial transcripts uploaded by you are sufficient for the review process for most programs (Public Health applicants, please review your requirements).
- Residential Status Questionnaire (for in-state tuition purposes)
- Test scores for English proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English.
International51600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 12 months.
National51600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1720 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State20490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 683 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Burlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.