The MA in Clinical Counseling - Trauma Studies at Eastern University trains masters-level graduates who can competently and ethically apply trauma-informed counseling skills to diverse traumatized populations in professional counseling and volunteer contexts.
- Prepares students for licensure as professional counselors in Pennsylvania
- Curriculum meets the educational requirements for Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) in Pennsylvania
- Provides training that can be applied in a variety of clinical settings
- Unique integration of Christianity and Traumatology
- Faculty have specialized trauma training and experience within the field
- Diverse faculty and student body form close community for rich learning experiences
- Evening, on-campus, and hybrid/online courses offered, so students practice face-to-face skills needed for clinical encounters with clients
- Counseling Theory, Personality and Practice
- Ethics and Professional Development
- Group Dynamics and Counseling
- Psychopathology and Diagnosis
- Social and Cultural Foundations of Counseling Practice
- Techniques of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Personality Dynamics and Psychosocial Assessment
- Practicum in Psychotherapy Integration
- Case Conceptualization and Counseling Strategy
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 385 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- GPA 2.8 (3.0 preferred) with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. An applicant with a lower GPA is strongly advised to submit GRE or MAT scores to strengthen the application.
- Completion of two prerequisite undergraduate Behavioral Science courses (6 credits within the last 10 years - Grade C or above). CLEP exams will be accepted for Introduction to Psychology, Human Growth and Development, and/or Introduction to Sociology.
International15240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 762 USD per credit during 36 months.
National15240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 762 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.