The MA in Clinical Counseling program at Eastern University prepares students work in the clinical counseling field, applying social justice practices and a global understanding of human nature, problems, symptoms, and interventions.
Eastern's MA in Clinical Counseling graduates are employed with the following organizations:
- Brandywine Hospital
- Child and Family Focus
- Child Guidance Resource Centers
- Cooper University Hospital
- Covenant House
- Creative Health Services
- Crozer Chester Medical Center
- Delaware Guidance Services
- Divine Providence Village
- Eastern University Counseling Center
- EBS Children’s Therapy
- Epic Developmental Services
- Holcomb Behavioral Health
- Intercommunity Action
- JFK Behavioral Health
- Lakeside Educational Network
- Mainline Rehabilitation Associates
- Meadowood Behavioral Health Hospital
- Misercordia University Counseling Center
- Norristown State Hospital
- Northeast Family Healthcare
- PA Mentor Network
- Penn Foundation
- Philadelphia Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual Disability Services
- Recovery Centers of America
- Rehab After Work/Life Counseling
- The Renfrew Center
- Resources for Human Development
- Robins Nest, Inc.
- Rosemont College Counseling Center
- Rowan University Counseling & Psychological Services
- Warwick Family Services
- YES (Youth Emergency Services) of Youth Services, Inc
- Counseling Theory, Personality and Practice
- Ethics and Professional Development
- Lifespan Development
- Group Dynamics and Counseling
- Psychopathology and Diagnosis
- Social and Cultural Foundations of Counseling Practice
- Career Development Theory & Practice
- Research Design & Statistics
- Techniques of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Summer: Accelerated Track
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 1043 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- GPA 2.8 (3.0 required for accelerated and online tracks) with particular importance placed on the last two years of the undergraduate record. An applicant with a lower GPA is strongly advised to submit GRE or MAT scores to strengthen the application.
- Completion of two prerequisite undergraduate Behavioral Science courses (6 credits within the last 10 years - Grade C or above). CLEP exams will be accepted for Introduction to Psychology, Human Growth and Development, and/or Introduction to Sociology.
International15240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 762 USD per credit during 36 months.
National15240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 762 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.