With an emphasis on intellectual development, ecological literacy, diversity and inclusive learning, our specially designed curriculum prepares you to meet the needs of California’s diverse learners.
Through experiential education and hands-on learning opportunities, you’ll accelerate your knowledge beyond traditional professional preparation and be prepared for implementation in your classroom.
The MEd with Multiple Subject Credential Program from the Antioch University adheres to high academic standards that prepare candidates to teach in California’s elementary classrooms:
- Achieve expertise in content area instruction, collaboration, inclusion and individualized instruction, while learning to work comfortably with new technologies and alternative methods of instruction.
- Gain civic literacy skills to prepare students for participatory citizenship in a culturally diverse, interdependent society through character development, civic education, and community building.
- Strengthen your identity as a teacher by developing advocacy skills and deepening your self-knowledge. AUSB provides close faculty supervision through student teaching and professional systems for lifelong learning and support.
- Prepares you for teaching the common core
- Child Development and Learning
- Language Development & Acquisition
- Research Ethics
- Teaching & Accommodating Students with Disabilities
- Mediation & Conflict Resolution in Schools
- Reading Instruction in Elementary Classrooms
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 703 other Masters in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcript from a regionally-accredited college or university indicating Bachelor’s degree conferral
- Two letters of recommendation
- CBEST test scores, or proof of registration for the CSET Writing Skills exam (for credential programs only)
- CSET: Multiple Subjects exam, proof of registration or scores (for credential programs only)
- Admission essay
International47808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 664 USD per credit during 15 months.
National47808 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 664 USD per credit during 15 months.
Living costs for Santa Barbara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.