Advanced Certification Elementary is a post-baccalaureate program designed to prepare you for initial licensure in elementary Regular Education (777) and Middle Childhood-Early Adolescence (72) with the option of earning a Master of Arts in Education degree with a concentration in Teaching and Learning through the completion of three additional courses. The Advanced Certification Elementary (ACE) program offered by Edgewood College was developed in conjunction with the goals and standards of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and the Association for Childhood Education International.
What’s more, you’ll work with experienced faculty leaders who offer responsive and supportive advising and are dedicated to helping you meet your individual and professional goals. We will guide you through the process of applying for your DPI license and provide assistance in helping you find a teaching position.
- Cohort model starts once a year in August (Fall)
- Licensure courses can be completed in 21 months
- Courses offered in the evening or weekends
- Also features optional add-on licensure certification in English as a Second Language (ESL) and Bilingual Education
- Courses can be applied to a master’s degree by completing 6 additional credits
- During practicums and student teaching, students have the opportunity to work with experienced teachers in their own or other classroom settings.
- Students’ previous coursework may be counted towards licensure.
- Our small class size promotes a sense of community and facilitates individualized instruction.
- Edgewood College has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a “Best National University,” among “America’s Best Colleges” by Forbes, and a “Best in the Midwest College” by Princeton Review.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Integrative Classroom Environments
- Diversity in the Classroom
- Child Development and Exceptionalities
- Children's Literature
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3481 other Masters in Education in United States
- Provide evidence of a baccalaureate or more advanced degree from a United States regionally accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for regular admission status
- Complete and submit application
- Request that official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic credits received
- Provide two letters of recommendation from college or university professors, supervisors, and/or professional colleagues
- Submit a written statement listing the reasons why you think you will be successful in graduate school
- Submit passing Entrance Exam Scores prior to the start of classes.
International645 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 645 USD per credit and a duration of 21 months.
National645 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 645 USD per credit and a duration of 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.