The Edgewood College graduate program in Educational Leadership is designed for educators interested in acquiring certification for licensure in the following areas of school leadership:
- Director of Instruction (DPI #10)
- Director of Special Education and Pupil Services (DPI #80)
- Principalship (DPI #51)
- School Business Administrator (DPI #08)
Licensure coursework meets the goals and standards of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and can be completed in as few as 21 months. Students may also earn a Master of Arts in Education degree through the completion of three additional regularly offered courses.
Courses in the Educational Leadership program are offered in convenient 8-week sessions held in evenings during the school year. Summer school courses are also available.
You’ll work with experienced educational leaders who offer responsive and supportive advising and are dedicated to helping you meet your individual and professional goals. Advisors routinely stay in contact with students as they seek administrative positions. Program graduates have been hired as administrators in many area schools.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Curriculum Planning
- Leadership and Organization
- Business Administration
- The Principalship
- Inclusive School Law
- Supervision of Instruction
- Schools as Political Systems
- Supervised Field Experience: Educational Leadership
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 4053 other Masters in Education in United States
- Provide evidence of a baccalaureate or more advanced degree from a United States regionally accredited or equivalent post-secondary institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale for regular admission status.
- Complete and submit graduate application (including $30 fee)
- Request that official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate academic
- Provide two letters of recommendation
- Submit a written statement listing the reasons why you think you will be successful in graduate school; cite how specific background experiences will aid in your success as a student.
- Provide evidence of three years full-time relevant professional work experience.
International13005 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 569 USD per credit during 21 months.
National13005 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 569 USD per credit during 21 months.
Living costs for Madison
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.