The automotive industry is changing in fundamental ways. Today, the internal combustion engine is increasingly complemented or even replaced with an electric motor.
Vehicles are becoming more and more autonomous, creating an ever-increasing need for better software. Consequently, skilled automotive engineers are required to meet the demands on high-quality individual mobility and transportation of people and goods, especially when considering environmental challenges and the vision of zero accidents.
In the Emerging Automotive Technologies MicroMasters Program , which is offered by EdX in partnership with Chalmers University of Technology - ChalmersX, you will learn the fundamentals of not only how a vehicle is designed, but also how to model and simulate the vehicle dynamics. Learn how to implement intelligent perception and decision procedures needed for self-driving cars and how model-based design is widely used in industry to accurately simulate the vehicle but also to design efficient algorithms.
Graduates from the MicroMasters program will be equipped with the necessary skills for a career within the automotive industry and will have a broad perspective of the emerging technologies within the development of automotive technologies.
- Registrations of electric cars hit a new record in 2016, with over 750,000 sales worldwide. (Source: International Energy Agency)
- Once technological and regulatory issues have been resolved, up to 15 percent of new cars sold in 2030 could be fully autonomous. (Source: McKinsey & Company)
- This program provides learners with a suitable background when aiming for a career/role within engineering of powertrains, active safety and autonomous driving as well as technical support and sales at different levels.
- The average salary for Self Driving Car Engineers is $233,000 (Source: Paysa)
What You'll Learn:
- Design and simulate electric and hybrid powertrains
- Understand the fundamentals of passive and active safety concepts
- Model and simulate vehicle dynamics
- Implement intelligent perception and decision procedures needed for self-driving cars
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electric and Conventional Vehicles
- Hybrid Vehicles
- Road Traffic Safety in Automotive Engineering
- Model-Based Automotive Systems Engineering
- Sensor Fusion and Non-linear Filtering for Automotive Systems
- Multi-Object Tracking for Automotive Systems
- Decision-Making for Autonomous Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 9 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Sweden
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The Emerging Automotive Technologies MicroMasters program is intended for those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree.
- work experience in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Vehicle Engineering or Automation and Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Engineering Mathematics or Engineering Physics
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1613 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National1613 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1613 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.