This MSc Equine Science degree from Hartpury College provides the ideal opportunity for you to advance your existing expertise within the field of applied equestrian science.
You’ll build on previous knowledge and skills, studying a diverse range of industry-informed modules that have been designed to give you specialist understanding of the interaction of science with real-world equine practice.
Key to the course is developing your understanding of new technology in the field, with opportunities to utilise our state-of-the-art equipment, including thermography, gait analysis and electromyography. Data collection and measurement through your modules and thesis will enable you to uncover new knowledge in line with your own interests and industry needs.
You’ll be encouraged to attend and present at industry conferences to develop your academic and industry networks, including at our own annual Alltech-Hartpury Student Research Conference.
Industry opportunities on this course largely come from our own businesses on campus (see facilities tab), as well as the networking facilitated through guest lecturers and field trips.
How you'll study
- We're committed to supporting you to fulfil your unique potential while you're here so that you can achieve your personal and professional goals.
Your support network
- You'll benefit from a strong support network from day one. This will range from your lecturers, supervisors and personal tutor to our specialist academic (Achievement and Success Centre), employability (Innovation, Careers and Enterprise) and wellbeing teams.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Animal Sciences Sports Sciences View 486 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- 2:1 honours degree in a relevant subject. Students with 2:2 and relevant experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Students with non-relevant qualifications but with sufficient work experience or professional experience will be considered on an individual basis.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Gloucester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.