HNU's MSN with Family Nurse Practitioner preparation offers students personalized attention, passionate faculty, and a unique schedule built for working nurses.
Hybrid classes meet just one weekend a month, and students complete the rest of the coursework online.
Faculty members have extensive experience in nursing and are passionate about helping students.
The MSN degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The Family Nurse Practitioner program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Basis and Philosophical Foundation for Nurse Practitioner
- Health Law and Ethics for the Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Pharmacology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesNursing View 685 other Masters in Nursing in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree and a current RN license (if you have a bachelor’s degree in another field, you are eligible for the Pathway program)
- Two recommendations (letter or form) from previous professors or current or previous work supervisors
- Official transcripts of ALL college/university coursework completed previously, including date of bachelor's degree completion (must be in sealed envelope from registrar of college/university)
- Written Personal Statement
- Applicants must write a personal statement for the FNP degree and certificate program including answering the following three questions:
a) Please explain your perception of the role of an FNP b) Why do you want to become an FNP?
International1054 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1054 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1054 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1054 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Oakland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.