HNU's MSN with Family Nurse Practitioner preparation offers students personalized attention, passionate faculty, and a unique schedule built for working nurses.
Hybrid classes meet just one weekend a month, and students complete the rest of the coursework online.
Faculty members have extensive experience in nursing and are passionate about helping students. The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program is offered at Holy Names University.
The MSN degree program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The Family Nurse Practitioner program is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Primary Care of the Family Through the Life Span
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Primary Care of the Family Through the Life Span: Role Development
- Advanced Health Assessment for the Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Health Assessment for the Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner Lab
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1915 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A current unrestricted California RN license
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing with the completion of BSN
- Education (CCNE). Students who have earned an ADN, rather than a BSN, will need to complete the ADN to MSN bridge courses. These students are not eligible for the Primary Care Nurse Practitioner option.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better and a GPA of 3.0 in prior baccalaureate level nursing courses (if any)
- Completed online graduate application
- Official transcripts for ALL formal college/university coursework previously completed.
- Written personal statement
- Two recommendations from previous professors or current or previous work supervisors (letter or completed recommendation form).
International34782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1054 USD per credit during 12 months.
National34782 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1054 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Oakland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.