Learn about the complex nature of energy generation, distribution and supply, and the challenges of transitioning to a sustainable energy future.
Our world is facing an energy crisis and we need professionals with interdisciplinary knowledge across science, policy and industry to help organizations prosper in the low carbon economy.
The Sustainable Energy MicroMasters Program , which is offered by EdX in partnership with University of Queensland - UQx, will equip you with the knowledge to take on these challenges.
You will explore the crucial role of technology, policy and innovation in energy project management and development and grasp the importance of balancing the trade-offs between social, economic and environmental considerations.
You will gain a deep understanding of sustainability and risk management principles that you can apply to your own situation where it intersects with the complex world of energy.
This MicroMasters program certificate will showcase your in-depth knowledge of the dynamic nature of sustainable energy generation and supply.
This MicroMasters program certificate may allow you to take advantage of the opportunity to be accepted into the Master of Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland and accelerate degree completion.
- Global renewable energy employment reached 8.1 million, a 5% increase, in 2015 (International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA))
- Average salary for energy engineers in the US is $80,489, and $56,085 for energy consultants (Glassdoor)
- Career prospects include: energy regulations or energy efficiency consultant; energy markets analyst; energy advisor or planner; project manager in renewable energy; business development in energy; operations manager in energy; energy efficiency engineer
What You'll Learn:
- Define sustainability and its implications for global energy
- Describe the principles of energy generation, supply and demand from the range of available technology options
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of energy technology options for different locations
- Define the role of science and policy in transitioning to a sustainable energy future
- Understand scenario planning, risk assessment, stakeholder management, communication and engagement skills
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Energy Principles and Renewable Energy
- Climate Science and Policy
- Energy and Development
- Low Emission Technologies and Supply Systems
- Sustainable Energy Capstone Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Energy Environmental Sciences View 9 other Masters in Sustainable Energy in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1395 USD for the full programme and a duration of 15 months.
National1116 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1395 USD for the full programme and a duration of 15 months.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.