Students learn about engaging individuals through the lens of the principles of forensic psychology, co-occurring mental health and substance use behaviors, and post-traumatic disorders. The program also engages in the critical analysis of our criminal justice institutions, especially in thinking about how various groups informed by race, gender, gender orientation, class, etc., are impacted by our current system of justice.
Our graduates have taken their forensic learning into diverse arenas, including correctional facilities, community -based advocacy contexts, and court-accountable programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of Counseling: Models and Skills
- Forensic Psychology and the Law
- Psychology of Criminal Behavior
- Substance Abuse Assessment and Treatment
- Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment of the Victim
- Forensics: Psychometrics and Assessment
- Forensic Psychology Professional Practice Seminar
- Advanced Issues in Correctional and Community Counseling
- Human Diversity in Counseling
- Domestic Violence Assessment and Treatment
- Supervised Practicum and Case Seminar
- Integrating Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 1094 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts of ALL college/university coursework completed previously, including date of bachelor's degree completion (must be in sealed envelope from registrar of college/university)
- Admissions Essay: The faculty of the Counseling and Forensic Psychology Programs of Holy Names University and the university are committed to students’ development of ethical practice, clinical competence and assessment of personal fitness for the profession.
- Interview with the Admissions Committee for the Counseling and Forensic Psychology Program.
- Two recommendations from previous professors or current or previous work supervisors.
International41106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1054 USD per credit during 12 months.
National41106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1054 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Oakland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.