Students in the Master of Educational Studies degree program at Rockhurst University analyze alternatives in curricula, evaluate teaching methodologies and assessment strategies, as well as consider the implications of such alternatives for a multicultural society.
Through rigorous coursework, varied field experiences and service learning projects, students acquire a deep understanding of, and special sensitivity to, the challenges and rewards of leading in an educational setting.
Rockhurst accommodates busy schedules with classes offered face-to-face, blended, and online. All courses start at 5 p.m., allowing students to work part-time or full-time day jobs. Field experiences and service learning projects may require some scheduling flexibility, however.
Education Student Learning Outcomes
Missouri Teaching Standards convey the expectations of performance for professional teachers in Missouri. The standards are based on teaching theory indicating that graduates become effective teachers who:
- Are caring, reflective practitioners and lifelong learners.
- Continuously develop knowledge and skills.
- Supply good professional judgment and use the Missouri Standards for the Preparation of Educators to inform and improve their own practice.
- Mature and strengthen their skills throughout their career.
The Rockhurst University education programs are approved on the state level by the Missouri Department of Education (DESE), and on the national level through the Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC). The TEAC accreditation is for a period of ten years, from 2011 through 2021.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master of Education in Educational Studies requires 34-36 credit hours. Students in the program choose one of four concentration areas:
- Curriculum, Teaching and Assessment
- STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) with K-8 focus
- Special Education
- Teacher Leadership
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
The Rockhurst University M.Ed. program welcomes your application at any time during the year.
DisciplinesEducation View 3763 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete a baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. You also need to submit one official transcript showing all college-level coursework.
- Submit your graduate program application, including two letters of professional recommendations addressing your potential to serve as a teacher, along with a written essay describing your academic background, professional goals, and reasons for pursuing your M.Ed.
- If you are an international student applying from a non-English speaking country, please also submit TOEFL score of at least 79.
International515 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 515 USD per credit during 24 months.
National515 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 515 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Kansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.