Urban Sustainability at the Antioch University offers an educational home of like-minded students, faculty, and community partners who work and learn together in a hybrid, hands-on, cutting-edge program. Our urban centers can be just and sustainable places with effective educators, advocates, and agents of change leading the way.
If you see yourself influencing how public policy is made; launching a disruptive, forward-thinking social enterprise; or working with urban communities to ensure equitable and affordable access to democratic governance, clean air and water, renewable energy, food, education, healthcare, and housing, a Master of Arts in Urban Sustainability (USMA) degree is the right one for you.
Graduates with Urban Sustainability at the Antioch University will:
- Apply ecosystems thinking and a human-rights framework to the analysis of urban environments
- Utilize natural and social science theory, concepts, and principles to address urban sustainability challenges
- Produce effective strategies, at multiple scales, for sustainability planning, policy, and regulation
- Use effective research, communication, and reflective practice skills in service to urban sustainability
- Engage in collaboration, advocacy, and leadership to effect transformational change
- Science for Urban Sustainability
- Ecosystems Thinking
- Fieldwork Planning
- Sustainable Urban Economies
- Research & Writing for Practitioners
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Accepting applications until seats are filled.
DisciplinesEconomics Sustainable Development Urban Planning View 671 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Online Application.
- Submit the $50 non-refundable Application Fee
- Complete and submit the Admissions Dialogue Essay.
- Send in official transcript indicating Bachelor’s degree conferral from a regionally accredited college or university. Requested copy of official transcripts must be sent directly to the Admissions Office at Antioch University Los Angeles from the institution from which you received your accredited bachelor’s degree.
International20048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1253 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20048 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1253 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Culver City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.