The nurse educator student is prepared to teach in an academic or health care setting. The curriculum provides a foundation of clinical excellence as the student is prepared to participate effectively in course and curriculum design and program evaluation. The program requires each graduate student to complete 41 credit hours, a scholarly project, and 350 practice hours.
The Master of Science in Nursing at Florida Southern College is a nonclinical major designed for currently practicing nurses who want to advance their careers in healthcare and nursing management practice. Some courses are shared with the School of Business MBA program. Students can complete the degree program in approximately 6 semesters of part time study and complete two graduate internship courses with approximately 500 hours of advance practice under the guidance of a preceptor and faculty member. A final capstone project is part of the degree requirement.
- The master’s degree program in nursing at Florida Southern College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Learn what you need to know to grow in the nursing profession.
- You’ll get the individual attention critical to advance your career in nursing.
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Practice Health Assessment
- Nursing Theory and Research
- Health Care Policy and Politics
- Research Hours
- Care of the Older Adult
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We will be accepting applications until the cohorts are full.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing Health Sciences View 2313 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Official transcripts of all academic work
- BSN from a regionally-accredited institution and a CCNE, CNEA, or ACEN accredited nursing program
- Professional Statement (no more than two pages, single spaced in length). Statement should highlight relevant work history and immediate and long term professional goals as an advanced-practice nurse. Statement should also demonstrate an understanding of the scope of an advanced-practice nurse and be specific to the MSN track selected.
- Current Résumé
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale on the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- Required prerequisite courses completed with a “C” or better: health assessment, nursing research or evidence-based practice, and statistics or biostatistics course.
- Proof of current active licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Florida.
- Personal interview required for eligible candidates
International20160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 630 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 630 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Lakeland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.