What you will learn
By the time they graduate, students in the MFA program at the DigiPen Institute of Technology will possess the following qualifications:
- Extensive 3D production experience, including the ability to use the most current 2D and 3D graphics applications in the industry, as well as traditional fine arts skills such as drawing, sculpting, and painting.
- A deep understanding of the 3D graphics production pipeline, including the creative process and ability to manage projects from brainstorming to completion.
- Strong research skills, especially as they relate to art history, character design references, and anatomy.
- A specialization in modeling, sculpting, or character art, as well as a unique and highly developed personal voice as demonstrated by their thesis.
Graduates of the MFA in Digital Arts program can pursue a number of career paths in the game and digital media industries. Thanks to a heavy emphasis on elective coursework, you’ll be able to tailor your studies to these and other job types. Potential careers include:
- 3D Modeler
- Character Artist
- Concept Artist
- Art Research Methodology
- Digital Arts Survey and Analysis
- 3D Concepts And Production
- Digital Painting: Composition and Color
- Art Production Process
- Conceptual Design and Illustration or Character Design
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Graphic Design Video Games & Animation View 123 other Masters in Graphic Design in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at DigiPen Institute of Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
All applicants to the MFA in Digital Arts program must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission:
- Completed a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Demonstrate a strong foundational art and observational skills through the completion and submission of an Art Portfolio
- In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience with some of the following: drawing, figure drawing, art history, composition, 3D modeling and animation, sculpture, color theory, and digital painting.
International32600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32600 USD per year during 24 months.
National29740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29740 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Redmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.