This MA degree includes all the course work of the MA Religious Studies degree with the Contemplative Religions concentration, and is enriched by training in either Sanskrit or Tibetan through two years (16 credits) of course work or more. This 61-credit concentration is designed for students who wish to join the academic study of comparative religions with interreligious dialogue, contemplative practice, and personal investigation. Students develop literacy in the living practice traditions of a variety of world religions, with special emphasis on integrating the mystical contemplative dimension with the teachings and other aspects of the traditions, as well as on learning interreligious dialogue skills for communicating across religious differences in an environment of global pluralism. Students work with faculty members who are both academically and spiritually trained in the teachings and practices of their respective traditions.
- Tibetan I
- Sanskrit I
- Methods and Issues in the Study of Religion
- Interreligious Dialog: Theory and Practice
- Spiritual Models of Social Action
- Trends in Religious Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 654 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Apply online and pay the $60 nonrefundable application fee. This is the preferred method for applying.
- An official transcript of a conferred bachelor's degree must be received by the Office of Admissions prior to beginning graduate coursework.
- Respond to the following questions in a 750 to 1,250 word essay: How does your personal and/or professional experience relate to the MA Religious Studies program? How will this program prepare you to accomplish your professional and academic goals?
- Your resume/CV should detail all pertinent academic, employment, and volunteer history with exact dates of participation.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
International22560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22560 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National22560 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22560 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.