Clinical Mental Health Counseling from The University of St. Thomas (UST) upholds the highest standards of ethical, legal, and professional conduct; evidence-based clinical practice; social and cultural diversity; social justice and the dignity of all persons; and the ongoing dialog between faith and reason.
Graduates with Clinical Mental Health Counseling from The University of St. Thomas (UST) will:
- provide direct counseling services to clients by utilizing psychotherapy approaches and practical problem-solving to support individual, family, and community change.
- counsel in private practice, community mental health, managed care, medical, business, educational and religious settings.
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Helping Relationships
- Counseling Theories
- Ethical, Legal & Professional Issues
- Human Growth & Development
- Psychopathology &Atypical Behavior
- Human Diversity
- Spiritual & Religious Themes in Counseling
- Addictions & Recovery
- Lifestyle & Career Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE
DisciplinesCounselling Psychology View 603 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Baccalaureate or advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA or last 60 credit hour GPA of 3.0.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Application and $35 application fee
- 3-5 page double spaced personal narrative essay discussing how your life experiences have led you to pursue a graduate degree in counseling. What might you like to do when you graduate?
- 2 professional letters of recommendation
- Interview with a faculty member from the program
- Timed writing exercise
- Proof of English proficiency
- Official evaluation of transcripts and diplomas
International20280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 676 USD per credit during 12 months.
National20280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 676 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Houston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.