As a Clinical Mental Health Counseling master’s degree student with a concentration in Somatic Counseling (Body Psychotherapy) at Naropa University, you will combine the study of clinical mental health theory and practice with work in body psychotherapy.
The program places great value and importance on exploring both the current understanding of multicultural competence and the historical impact on the bodies that are present in counseling. Cultural identities, power, and privilege are critical lenses for us to explore the ethical work with differences that are embodied in ourselves and the clients we work with as Somatic Counselors.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Students demonstrate knowledge of core counseling curriculum.
- Students demonstrate proficiency in clinical counseling skills.
- Students demonstrate professional competence in counseling.
- Students demonstrate the ability to research and write about Dance/Movement Therapy (DMT) and Body Psychotherapy (BP) in a way that shows critical thinking, scholarship, and the integration of theoretical material with clinical practice.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Somatic Counseling Orientation Seminar
- Body/Movement Observation and Assessment
- Group Community Skills
- Foundations of Body Psychotherapy
- Counseling & Helping Relationships I: Verbal & Nonverbal Skills
- The Body in Meditation and Psychotherapy
- Clinical Neuroscience
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling View 897 other Masters in Counselling in United States
- Apply online and pay the $60 nonrefundable application fee. This is the preferred method for applying.
- An official transcript of a conferred bachelor's degree must be received by the Office of Admissions prior to beginning graduate coursework.
- In a three-to-five page, double-spaced essay, please respond to the following: How are you prepared to participate in this distinctive community, and how would your educational goals and professional goals be reached by attending the Somatic Counseling program?
- Your resume/CV should detail all pertinent academic, employment, and volunteer history with exact dates of participation.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
International24200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24200 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
National24200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24200 USD per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.