Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Transpersonal Art Therapy from Naropa University is unique in that you will combine transpersonal psychology with contemplative studies, clinical field work, and civic engagement. The goal is to become a skilled, self-aware, and socially engaged counselor, artist, and art therapist.
Graduates from Naropa’s Transpersonal Art Therapy program have gone on to become art therapists, counselors in private practice, addiction counselors, school counselors, grief counselors, and more.
Students at Clinical Mental Health Counseling - Transpersonal Art Therapy from Naropa University will:
- demonstrate knowledge of core counseling curriculum.
- demonstrate proficiency in clinical counseling skills.
- demonstrate professional competence in counseling.
- demonstrate an ability to utilize subjective investigation with objective research methods.
- demonstrate applied art therapy and counseling knowledge as it pertains to case conceptualization skills.
- Transpersonal Art Therapy Orientation Seminar
- Art Therapy: Studio and Practicum
- Psychology of Meditation I: Mindfulness Training
- Counseling & Helping Relationships I: Transpersonal Art Therapy
- History and Theory of Art Therapy
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Health Sciences School Counselling View 563 other Masters in School Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Naropa University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Submit an Application
- Statement of Interest
- Letters of Recommendation
- Art Portfolio
- Prerequisite Work
International24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD per semester during 36 months.
National24000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 USD per semester during 36 months.
Year 3 - $10,000 per semester.
Living costs for Boulder
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.