Led by a team of specialist practitioners and academics you will be working with some of the leading figures in the UK and European sector.
Students on the programme have had the opportunity to visit international festivals (including ASSITEJ Congress Copenhagen, Imaginate Festival Edinburgh, and Takeoff), work with leading companies and theatres (including Catherine Wheels, NIE, Oily Cart, Tall Stories, Unicorn Theatre, Action Transport Theatre, Polka Theatre, Half Moon Theatre, and Travelling Light), and with world class practioners (including Tony Graham, Mark Storor, Alex Byrne, and David Wood). Working alongside our TYA creative partners, you will explore a range of theatrical techniques and theories that will enrich your ability to create theatre for audiences of all ages. The Theatre for Young Audiences course includes work placements with leading organisations.
Why choose this course at Rose Bruford College?
- You will undertake an industry placement with opportunities to study abroad and participate in major UK and European festivals of Theatre for Young Audiences
- Opportunities to publish research through the College's TYA research centre.
From the start of your studies you will work with young audiences in Schools and Colleges across the South East Region.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Context of Theatre for Young Audiences
- Writing and Storytelling for Young Audiences
- Visual and Object Performance Practices
- Internship and Special Study
- Research and Final Project
- 13 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 174 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A good honours degree (usually a 2.1) and/or equivalent professional experience in a related field.
- You will be required to attend an interview.
- This programme is for those who are interested to make and perform theatre by, with and for young people.
- As one of the UK's leading drama schools, Rose Bruford College offers a unique opportunity to study and train in this increasingly popular and dynamic area of theatre practice.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18000 GBP per year and a duration of 13 months.
National12500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12500 GBP per year and a duration of 13 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.